Is marine collagen the same as fish oil? The short answer is no, but it’s natural to wonder what similarities they share, given that they’re both supplements derived from fish.
Marine collagen and fish oil are two completely different supplements, although they are both sourced from fish. Marine collagen contains collagen peptides that are sourced from just beneath the skin of fish, while fish oil comes from fish tissue. But this isn’t the only difference between the two. Read on to find out everything you need to know about marine collagen vs fish oil.
Marine Collagen vs Fish Oil: Key Differences
Although marine collagen and fish oil are both derived from fish, the way they are sourced, produced, and the vitamins they contain can all be very different. Looking at SkinGlo marine collagen vs fish oil, some of the key differences include:
- The collagen peptides in SkinGlo marine collagen are sourced from beneath the skin of fish, whereas fish oil comes from the tissue of the fish
- SkinGlo provides hydrolysed marine collagen, while fish oil is a source of omega-3
- Our marine collagen formula contains vitamin C, while fish oil usually contains vitamin D
- SkinGlo’s liquid marine collagen contains a blend of B vitamins, whereas fish oil commonly contains vitamin E
The benefits of fish oil vs marine collagen also differ – read on to find out more.
Marine Collagen vs Fish Oil: How Are They Made?
Let’s learn more about marine collagen vs fish oil and how the different types of supplement are made. SkinGlo’s marine collagen supplements contain a type of hydrolysed marine collagen known as Peptan, which is produced in France.
This marine collagen is sourced from wild-caught cod fish skin, with all of the fish used from establishments that are registered by the European Union for the import of edible fish. This means you can be assured that all of the fish we use are cleared as fit for human consumption, and have been guaranteed by health certificates signed by official veterinarians.
In contrast, fish oil is typically extracted from oily fish, including cod, tuna, anchovies, and herring. Can you take fish oil and marine collagen together? Yes! Just remember you’ll be getting something different from each supplement – omega-3 fish oil benefits are of course different to marine collagen benefits.
At SkinGlo, we add vitamin C and a blend of B vitamins to our marine collagen to assist collagen production further and help revitalise your skin. Meanwhile, fish oil supplements are usually high in omega-3 fatty acids, as well as vitamin D and vitamin E. This means you don’t need to pick between marine collagen vs fish oil when you’re choosing which supplements to add to your routine – it’s perfectly fine to take both simultaneously as they provide your body with different nutrients.
What Is Marine Collagen Good For?
So, what is marine collagen good for? There’s no one simple answer. Marine collagen supplements have a significant range of benefits for your body, on both the inside and the outside. From benefits for your skin, hair, and nails to support for your bones, joints, and muscles, here’s what you need to know about what marine collagen is good for:
- Skin: marine collagen can give your skin a boost, leaving it looking and feeling fresher, firmer, plumper, and more youthful-looking
- Hair: collagen can help to keep your hair looking healthy, with SkinGlo’s collagen formula containing a blend of B vitamins to help with this
- Nails: as it’s naturally found in the nails, collagen can also help to improve the strength of your nails
- Bones: collagen is present in our bones too, so taking marine collagen supplements can help to promote bone strength and potentially even increase your bone mineral density
- Joints: many people notice a reduction in joint discomfort after incorporating collagen supplements into their routine, as collagen is naturally found in cartilage, which is impacted when your collagen levels start to decline
- Muscles: collagen protein is an essential part of your muscle mass, so taking collagen supplements like SkinGlo’s marine collagen drinks may help to support your muscle mass as you age
Overall, marine collagen is designed to nourish your body from the inside out, restoring your body’s natural collagen supply, to keep you feeling like the best, most fabulous version of yourself.
What Are The Benefits Of Fish Oil?
The benefits of fish oil can be extensive, if you take them consistently as part of your wellness routine. If you’re taking marine collagen and fish oil together, it’s likely that you’ll experience a wide range of benefits, so don’t pit marine collagen vs fish oil – think of them as essential partners instead.
Omega-3 Fish Oil Benefits
Fish oil contains essential omega-3 fatty acids, which are known to have multiple benefits for everything from your vision to your brain health. When you’re taking fish oil, benefits can include:
- Heart health support: omega-3 fatty acids are classed as a type of unsaturated fat, which means they can benefit your heart health. These can include lowering the level of triglycerides (a type of fat) in your body, benefiting your heart and blood vessels as a result
- Eye health: another of the key omega-3 fish oil benefits is that it can help to protect your eye health and vision, with the fatty acids EPA and DHA the ones to look out for in your supplements if you want to experience this benefit
- Brain health: omega-3 is essential for our brain health, and plays a key role in cognitive development, and in maintaining cognitive function. This is one of the main reasons why it’s recommended everyone consumes omega-3 fatty acids via their diet or a supplement, so they’re not missing out on fish oil benefits
- Mood: omega-3 fish oil benefits mood, too. Some studies suggest that taking omega-3 supplements regularly may help to boost low mood
So, if you want to boost everything from your brain to your vision and from your skin to your nails, stop pitting marine collagen vs fish oil, and think of them as great friends who can achieve great things when they work together. Take control of growing older gracefully and incorporate high-quality supplements into your daily self-care routine.
Experience SkinGlo Marine Collagen For Yourself
SkinGlo’s marine liquid collagen supplements are designed to help restore your body’s natural collagen levels from the inside out, thanks to a blend of high-quality marine collagen, and a blend of vitamins and hyaluronic acid.
Our liquid collagen drinks are designed to help replenish your body’s declining collagen levels to benefit your skin, hair, nails, muscles, joints, and bones.
You might want to experience the benefits of fish oil alongside taking your daily collagen supplement – but remember each product you take will have its own unique benefits, thanks in part to the different vitamins they contain.
Start giving your body a boost as you take control of the ageing process, so you can continue feeling like your most fabulous self. Discover SkinGlo’s marine collagen supplements today.